photo 0d750e62-7de6-4ef1-ab43-8186ebdd3aaf_zpsb4de4148.jpg photo c1d1815b-cc69-4b47-b382-1d7210b38f27_zps4e9a526e.jpg photo 725eed78-ecf2-41af-8252-c75ae1702a0d_zpsc4317e1f.jpg

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Charming Handmade Valentine's Day Cards

DIY Valentine’s Day cards are a lot of fun for the entire family. Giving a homemade valentine shows your recipient that you put a lot of time and effort into your cards. This Valentine's Day have a card-making party with friends and family. Here are some charming handmade valentine cards to get you started.


Love Birds


To make this handmade Valentine's Day card, I used one piece of black construction paper and two colorful papers. First, I traced a simple bird onto one piece of the pink paper. Then, I placed the paper over a second gingham paper and cut both out, so they were the same.  Next I cut out two hearts. I gave the birds eyes and mouths.  Finally, I glued the birds on the card and put the two hearts above them.  Inside I wrote,  You’re my Lovebird in a white crayon.


Sequin Hearts


For this Valentine’s Day card, I took a purple piece of paper and cut it into a square. Then, I took some multi-colored sequins and glued it onto the paper.  First I completed the outline of the heart.  Then, I filled in the heart with sequins. An idea for an inside message is: Your love shines. For the kids, I make a heart outline for them in glue and then they were easily able to glue on the sequins and then fill in the center.


Warm and Fuzzy
For this card, I took a red pipe cleaner and bent it into a heart shape. Then, I put some clear glue onto the back and pressed to onto a piece of construction paper. I put a book on top of the card to make sure the pipe cleaner stayed put. Inside I wrote, You make me feel warm and fuzzy.


Eyes on You




To make this funny handmade valentine, I took a small piece of construction paper and cut it into a square. Next, I took different sizes of wiggly eyes with adhesive and placed them all over the card.  Inside I wrote, I’ve got my eyes on you. This card is a really easy one for kids.
  
Your special someone will appreciate these handmade valentine cards.

Do you make or buy most of your Valentine's Day Cards?

No comments:

Post a Comment